February 1, 2010

Outside Eat of the Week: TAIM

Oh if only I lived in the West Village/ NOHO area... I think I might quit the variety on this blog altogether and eat at TAIM for weeks. Thanks to my friend Paz for introducing me to this place, I now take a ritual like train ride to eat there every month.
STATS ON THE JOINT:
self description: "we're a small place with great falafel and smoothies"
my description: I second theirs. truly, its delicious and satisfying. fresh, raw (minus fried falafel) ingredients, and all on display.                    
size: its literally a joint. think "dorm room". but its set up so efficiently and earnestly, that you don't mind it at all. five seats inside, bench on the outside, and a coffee shop on the corner that doesn't care if you bring it on over. 
price: $5.25 for a falafel sandwich that's as big as your whole hand with fingers splayed.
service: I went twice in one day recently (don't judge me) after a lecture at NYU, and the girl at the register, one: remembered my name. and two: when she asked me if I was back for the same thing, she remembered my order with specialties involved. you've won me over double Taim, and don't you ever fire her! I should really learn her name.
--and apparently, I'm not the only one who loves em, here are some favorite bloggers of mine who agree.
GOOP
Pocket Change
AlwaysHungryNY
(this site is awesome, but good god- there's so much to look at, and imagine eating, that I just get overwhelmed)

No comments:

Post a Comment